Maicol Formentelli, PhD
Address: Dipartimento di Linguistica Teorica e Applicata, Università degli Studi di Pavia, Strada Nuova 65, I-27100 Pavia.
E-mail: maicol.formentelli (at) unipv.it
Sociolinguistics, Pragmatics, English Lingua Franca, Audiovisual translation
“L’inglese e l’italiano del cinema: traduzione e apprendimento linguistico” (English and Italian audiovisual language: translation and language learning) funded by Alma Mater Ticinensis Foundation of the University of Pavia in collaboration with the University of Malta and Loughborough University (UK). Project coordinator Prof. Maria Pavesi.
November 2011 - May 2012 and December 2010 - May 2011: Post-doc research scholarship within the project "English and Italian audiovisual language: translation and language learning” funded by Alma Mater Ticinensis Foundation of the University of Pavia.
October 2009 - March 2010: Semester of study and research at the School of Education of the University of Leeds (UK) - Miscellaneous Postgraduate Programme.
July 2009 - September 2009: Appointed Visiting Scholar at the School of Languages and Linguistics of the University of Melbourne (Victoria, Australia).
2007 - 2010: Ph.D. scholarship - University of Pavia.
October 2006 - June 2007: Socrates-Erasmus exchange programme - period of study and research at the University of Reading (UK).
March 2005 - July 2005: Semester of study and research at Universität Konstanz (Baden-Württenberg, Germany).
- Formentelli, Maicol (forthcoming) “A model of stance for the management of interpersonal relations: formality, power, distance and respect”. In Kecskes, Istvan and Jesus Romero-Trillo (eds.) Linguistic aspects of Intercultural Pragmatics. Berlin: Mouton de Gruyter.
- Formentelli, Maicol (2012) “English Lingua Franca: Reality or fiction? Assessing the debate on the status of English as language of global communication”. In Studi Italiani di Linguistica Teorica e Applicata (SILTA), XLI, 1.
- Formentelli, Maicol (2009) “Address strategies in a British academic setting”. In Pragmatics, 19(2): 179-196. [pdf]
- Formentelli, Maicol (2007) “The vocative mate in contemporary English: a corpus-based study. In Andrea Sansò (ed.) Language resources and linguistic theory. Milano: Franco Angeli. 180-199.
- Cerini, Sabrina, Valentina Compagnoni, Alice Demontis, Maicol Formentelli, Caterina Gandini (2007) “Micro-WNOp. A Gold Standard for the evaluation of automatically compiled lexical resources for Opinion Mining”. In Andrea Sansò (ed.) Language resources and linguistic theory. Milano: Franco Angeli. 200-210.
- Formentelli, Maicol (2009) Review of Bombi, Raffaella, La linguistica del contatto. Tipologie di anglicismi nell’italiano contemporaneo e riflessi metalinguistici, Il Calamo, Roma 2005. In Linguistica e Filologia, 29: 197-201.
(Pavia, 14-15 September 2012)